9.02.2009

paddington's garden







i'm fairly certain that paddington is the cutest bear ever. i remember this girl who lived down the street from me growing up...i have nothing nice to say about her so i won't say anything...anyways, she had a paddington bear doll with hat, raincoat, wellies and suitcase. it was my first dealings with serious stuffed animal envy.

i was lucky to find 2 paddington books...they aren't illustrated by peggy fortnum...but i do think the illustrations by fred banberry have the spirit of paddington that is essential and i remember these illustrations most from my childhood. they make me melt. if i could stuff little paddington into my pocket and keep him forever, i would.

paddington's garden by michael bond
first american edition, 1973, random house, new york
illustrated by fred banbery

No comments: