9.14.2008

lettering simplified: a manual for beginners






look at that type...i love it. i'm always on the watch for interesting fonts and type and this cover embodies what appeals to me. i incorporate a lot of handwritten type into my illustration and a book like this really inspires me. it's more of an instruction manual for beginners (and when he says beginners he means it...it's kind of elementary) about writing clearly, aesthetically speaking. i like the addition of the different serifed fonts at the end for reference. garamond is one of my favorite.

lettering simplified: a manual for beginners by rand holub
bonanza books, 1957, watson-guptill publishers, inc., new york

2 comments:

crazywriter84 said...

If you like type, you should be in my typography class. I'm all about learning about type but actually using it is another story. I have no concept of design.

Evie said...

ohhh so lovely. thanks for sharing!